Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

EXPRESSION OF INVITE, SADNESS, REQUEST, CONGRATULATION, OFFERS, SURPRISE, PRISE, SYMPATHY, APPOINTMENT, DISAPPOINTING, COMPLIMENT, GRATIDUDE, BELIEVE AND DISBELIEVE

EXPRESSION OF INVITE, SADNESS, REQUEST, CONGRATULATION, OFFERS, SURPRISE, PRISE, SYMPATHY, APPOINTMENT, DISAPPOINTING, COMPLIMENT, GRATIDUDE, BELIEVE AND DISBELIEVE

No.
Kind of expression
Expression and respond
Example of dialogue
    1.
EXPRESSING INVITE
EXPRESSION ;
1.       Would you come to my party ?
2.       I would like to invite you to ,... !
3.       Could you come to my home ?
4.       Will you go to my home for ,... ?
5.       How about ,... ?
6.       Please, come to my party !
RESPOND ;
1.       I’d love to .
2.       Ok, i will come .
3.       Of course
4.       Ok, no problem
5.       Sure .
REFUSING ;
1.       I can’t come
2.       I’d love to, but ,...
3.       I’m sorry. I can’t
EXAMPLE OF DIALOGUE ;
Time off school, class Sita Ratna visiting her best friend.
Sinta : “dinda, are you free next Sunday ?”
Dinda : ”yea, I think so. Why ?”
Sinta : “ would you like to come to my birthday party ?”
Dinda : “ oh, really ?”
Sinta : “ yes, it’s my sweet seventeen. I’d like to celebrate it with my beloved friends and family.”
Dinda : “okay, I'll come. at what time ?”
Sinta : “at 15:00, oke see you latter”
Dinda : “latter”



   2.
EXPRESSING SADNESS
EXPRESSION ;
1.       I’m really sad
2.       You look sad today.
3.       I’m very sad about ,...
RESPOND ;
1.       I’m so sad to hear it
2.       Please leave me alone
3.       Oh, no,..
4.       I’m so distressed
EXAMPLE OF DIALOGUE ;
One day, at class efah was very sad. Suddenly, yati come closer to efah.
Yati  : Hay Efah..
Efah : Eh Yati ..
Yati  : What are you doing now ?
Efah : Nothing ..
Yati  : But, I see you sadness .
Efah : Yes, that’s right.
Yati  : Why ?
Efah : Because I lose my novel.
Yati  : How can it lose ?
Efah : Before, I take it in my table. Then I go out from the class.

3.
EXPRESSING REQUEST
EXPRESSION ;
1.       May i borrow your ,,, ?
2.       Could you ,... ?
3.       May i use your ,,, ?
4.       Can you give me the ,,, please ?
5.       Would you mind to ,.. ?
RESPOND ;
1.       Al right
2.       OK
3.       Sure
4.       Yes, no problem .
5.       Certainly
6.       It’s a pleasure
REFUSING ;
1.       I’m sorry. I can’t
2.       I’d like to, but ,..
3.       I’m afraid , i ,...
EXAMPLE OF DIALOGUE ;
when drawing, pencil takes the wiwi forget.
wiwi: "may I borrow your pencil, because I forget bring my pencil"
firda: "sure"
wiwi: "thank you"
firda : “you're welcome”

4.
EXPRESSING CONGRATULATION
EXPRESSING ;
1.       Congratulation ,..
2.       Congratulation on,..
3.       I’d like to congratulate you
4.       Good luck for ,..
5.       It was great to hear ,..
RESPOND ;
1.       Thank you , i need it .
2.       Thank’s
3.       Thank you and the same to you


EXAMPLE OF DIALOGUE ;
One day daniel and rahel meet, and they asked each other about their respective competition
Rahel : Hey, Daniel! How was the economics competition? Did you and your team go home with the trophy?
Daniel : Thank God, we did. Fortunately we succeeded to get the first place
Rahel : Wow that’s a good job, Dan. Congratulation on your team success!
Daniel : Thank you very much for saying so, Rahel. So, how about you and your team in astronomy competition?
Rahel : Unfortunately, I and my team didn’t get the first place. We got the third place but I was really happy since we had won over many other teams and gone that far.
Daniel : That’s the spirit, Rahel! I am sure you and your friend did it very well. I congratulate you on your great success.
Rahel : Thank you very much, Daniel. We still have to learn more to be the first like your teams did.
Daniel : Cool! Let’s fight for the next competition!

5.
EXPRESSING OFFERS
EXPRESSING ;
1.       You want something ?
2.       What can i do for you ?
3.       May i help you ?
4.       Do you like ,... ?
5.       Can i get something to ,
6.       Would you like something to eat ?
RESPOND ; (accepting)
1.       Yes, i want ,...
2.       Can you ,,,
3.       Yes , please .
4.       Of course
5.       Thank you
6.       That’s very kind for you
7.       Thank’s a lot ,.
RESPOND ; (refusing)
1.       Please, don’t bother your self !
2.       I’m sorry ,...
3.       Thank you for your kindness . but ,...
4.       That would be marvelous but ,..
5.       That’s very kind of you but i can do it myself.

EXAMPLE OF DIALOGUE ;
One day, Bani went to Asri’s home.
Asri : So, would you like something to eat?
Bani : Yes, please
Asri : Do you want some fried shrimp?
Bani : Thanks, but I’m afraid I have an allergic.
Asri : What about a bowl of meatball?
Bani : That would be very nice, thanks.

6.
EXPRESSING SURPRISE
EXPRESSING ;
1.       Really ??
2.       What ??
3.       That’s amazing !
4.       Are you serious ?
5.       I must say that,.. that’s surprise me.
6.       You are kidding !
7.       My goodness .
8.       That’s very suprising ,.
9.       Well, that’s very suprising !
RESPOND ;
1.       I’m serious .
2.       Does it ??
3.       Yeah .
4.       Positively.
5.       It is ,..
EXAMPLE OF DIALOGUE ;
One day, Fifi and uli met on the road
uli: "Hi, What are you talking?
fifi: "Oh you uli.. We are talking about You..You the winner of Sains Olympiad. "
uli: "wow. really....."
fifi: "Yeah you are the winner.. Good Job friend..."
uli: "Oh booby. Thank you.."
fifi: "Ok.."













7.
EXPRESSING PRAISE
EXPRESSING ;
1.       Your new dress is vey good .
2.       You look very beatiful today ,..
3.       You look lovely.
4.       Nice shirt.
5.       You look handsome with your new dress.
RESPOND ;
1.       Really ??
2.       Thank’s
3.       Thank you very much.
4.       I’m glad you enjoyed it,..
5.       Do you really think so,.. ??

EXAMPLE OF DIALOGUE ;
Bani is trying her new dress for her friend’s birthday.
Mail : Hi, what are you doing?
Bani : Oh, hello. I’m just trying to fitting my new dress for my friends’ birthday. So, do I look okay?
Mail : Even ‘okay’ is not the right word to describe how do you look now. You look so beautiful.
Bani : (blushing ) Really? Oh, Thank you very much.

8.
Expressing Sympathy
EXPRESSING;
1.       I take my sympathy to you
2.       I know how is your feeling
3.       I would be OK soon.
4.       I’m sorry to hear that.
5.       That’s too bad
6.       I sympathyze with your condition.
7.       Patient,it would be better soon
8.       What a pity of you!
RESPOND;
1.       Thank you very much
2.       I would be OK,thank you very much for your support
3.       It’s very kind of you
4.       I hope so
5.       Thanks for your support
6.       That’s a pity,isn’t it!
EXAMPLE OF DIALOGUE:
One day, sul feel vey sad. But, bani give uli a support.
A.Bani   : Hi, uli. What’s up? You look so sad.
Uli         : Yeah, my uncle died last night.
A.Bani : Really? I’m sorry to hear that. 
Uli : Thanks.
A.Bani : If I’m not mistaken, he is in surabaya, right?
Uli  : Yes. We long time no see him.
A.Bani : Does your family plan to go to surabaya?
Uli : Yes. Tonight. We are going to leave for surabaya.
A.Bani : Oh, I hope your family will be fine.
Uli : Thanks a lot, A.Bani.
9.
Expressing Appointment
EXPRESSING;
1.       Can I meet …?
2.       Let’s meet ….?
3.       How about tomorrow afternoon?
RESPOND;(accepting)
1.       I’ll be there at that 
               time.
2.       Sure. I’ll come.
3.       It’ll be a nice meeting for  me.
RESPOND;(refusing)
1.       I’m sorry. I can’t come.
  1. I don’t think I can make it.
  2. Sorry. I think I have another appointment at that time
EXAMPLE OF DIALOGUE:
Galuh meet Susi after school.
Galuh    : Hey, Susi. Have you finished your math assignment?

Susi        : Not yet, really. What’s up?

Galuh    : Well, I have not either. How about working together after school?

Susi        : I really want to, but I have had another plan, actually.

Galuh    : Really? That’s too bad. Good luck anyway.
10.
Expressing Disappointing
EXPRESSING;
1.       You are promise maker !
2.       You,make me dissapointed
3.       I am really upset now
4.       Don't do it again
5.       You really make me angry
6.       I really hate
7.       I’m not pleased at all


RESPOND;

1.        I am so sorry
2.        Up to you
EXAMPLE:
Asri and Dian talking about their homework.
Asri : So, we will do our homework together at your home this evening, right?
Dian : I’m so sorry, but I have to go to my cousin’s wedding.
Asri : But you promised me!
Dian : I’m so sorry
Asri : You make me disappointed.
Dian : Hey, we can still do it tomorrow, aren’t we?
Asri : Okay then, up to you. But tomorrow, don’t go anywhere.
Dian : Okay, see you tomorrow.


11.
Expressing Compliment:
EXPRESSING;
1.       I would like compliment you on …
2.       I think your ……. is very nice.
3.       I just love your …...
·                     4. The …… is very delicious.
        5. I really like your …….
6.            6. You look fabulous!
o             7. Fantastic!/Marvelous!
o             8. That’s nice.
o             9. That’s not bad.
o             10.Perfect!
        11. Pretty good.

RESPOND;
·                 1. Thank you. It’s nice of
·                      you to  say so.
·                 2.Thank you but really isn’t
·                     anything special.
·                 3.Thank you. Yours is even
·                     nicer.
o              4.i’m glad you like it.
o              5.Thank you.
o              6.Thank you so much.
         7.Yeah, thanks.
EXAMPLE OF DIALOGUE:

Dwi gives Gaswah a doll.
Dwi     : Gaswah, This doll is for you. I  made it   by  myself
Ja                  Gaswah: That’s a beautiful
                                     doll! You are really   
                                     a  talented tailor.
Dwi    : I’m glad you like it.


















12.
Expressing Gratidude:
EXPRESSING;
1.        i'm so grateful for..
2.        thank you very much
                for...
        3.   thank you for...
        4.   that was nice of you.
        5.   thank you.
        6.  thanks a lot for....
        7.  i really appreciate...
        8.  thanks./many thanks.
        9.  thanks a million.
        10.  thanks a lot.
RESPONDING;
         1. don't mention it.
         2.  it was my pleasure.
         3.  you're wellcome.
         4.  no big deal.
         5.  i'm glad that i can help
               you.
         6.  my pleasure.
         7.  forget it.
         8.  that's what friends are.
         9. it's all right.
EXAMPLE OF DIALOG:

Shanti teaching Uli math.
Uli: Hi, Shanti, can you help me with this linear system?
Shanty : Oh, sure. You just have to eliminate and substitute them.
Uli : wow, it’s simple as that. Thank you so much, Shanti!
Shanty : Don’t mention it, it was my pleasure to do it.















13.
Expressing Believe and Disbelieve


Expression Belief :

    1.  Do you think he is honest ?
    2.  Do you believe she is guilty?
    3.  How can you believe that ?
    4. Do you believe in yourself ?
    5. What do you believe in ?
    6. Believe me
    7. I swear
    8. Trust me
    9. You have my word on that
    10.  Don’t you trust me ?
     11. Have faith in me
    12.  Do you believe it?
    13.  Wouldn’t you believe it?
    14.  Can you imagine that?
    15. Don’t belive it, do you?
    16.  Don’t you think it’s odd
              that...?
    17. Do you expect me to belive
             it?
Respond :
    1.  I believe that ...
    2.  I believe you
    3.  I trust you
    4.  I have complete faith in you


Expression Disbeliefe :

    1.  You won’t belief this but ..
    2.  Do you know what?
    3. This may surprise you, but...
    4.  I’ve got news for you. ......
    5.  Do you believe it?
    6.  Wouldn’t you believe it?
    7.  Can you imagine that?
Respond :
     1. Really? I find that hard to
           believe.
     2. Are you joking?
     3.  I can’t see that.
     4 .I don’t believe it.
     5. Are you serious?
     6. You must be joking/kidding.
     7. Oh, no! That’s not true!
     8.  You don’t say!
     9.  Seeing is believing.
     10. You are kidding
     11.That can’t be
     12.That’s incredible
     13. Nonsense
     14. I don’t believe you
     15. You are full of it
     16. I don’t trust you
  17. I have no faith in you

EXAMPLE OF DIALOGUE;

Ahmad and Bani talk about their math exam result.
Bani : Huh, that was hard.
Ahmad : Hehe, no, I don’t think so.
Bani : Huh? So, what do you got?
Ahmad : I got 100.
Bani : Really? I don’t believe that. Nobody could ever be perfect in math.
Ahmad : haha, just look.
Bani : (looking at ahmad’s paper) Wow! You’re so smart
Ahmad : Thanks. So do you believe me now?
Bani : Yes.

Post a Comment

0 Comments