Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

EXPRESSION OF ADVICE, PERMISSION, SATISFACTION AND DISSATISFACTION,ASKING AND GIVING OPINION, PLEASURE, WARNING, RELIEF, AND PAIN

EXPRESSION OF ADVICE, PERMISSION, SATISFACTION AND DISSATISFACTION,ASKING AND GIVING OPINION, PLEASURE, WARNING, RELIEF, AND PAIN

No.
Kind of Expression
Example of Expression
Example of Dialogue
1.
EXPRESSION OF ADVICE
ASKING FOR ADVICE ;
a.        What should ………….. ?
b.       What do you think should ?
c.        What do you advise?
d.       Could you give me some advice for ….
e.        What you would advice?
f.         What would you do if….?
g.        Do you think I should …..?
GIVING ADVICE ;
a.        You should/ought to……….
b.       I think you should/ought to………
c.        You ought to………………
d.       I advise you to
e.        If I were you, I would……..
f.         I would recommend that you ……
g.        You’d better tell …………..
h.       You must to……………….
       Nanda has a problem. His girlfriend forbade him to follow the singing competition in Palma. Then, Nanda asked to Resti in school, how to solve the problem.
Resti : Good morning, Nanda
Nanda : Good morning, Resti. (Looks confused)
Resti : How are you, Nanda
Nanda : I’m confused now.
Resti : Why?
Nanda : My girlfriend forbade me to follow the singing competition. If you were me, what would you tell her?
Resti : I would say that the competition is very important to you, and instead, the prize of the competition would you give to her.
Nanda : That’s a good idea. I will do it. Thank you very much, Resti. Now i want to go to canteen. See you.
Resti : You’re welcome. See you too.
2.
EXPRESSING OF PERMISSION
ASKING PERMISSION ;
a.        Can I ….?
b.       Is it all right if I …..?
c.        May I ….?
d.       Do you mind if I ….?
e.        I wonder if I could ….?
f.         Would you mind if I …. ed?
GIVING PERMISSION ;
a.        yes, you can
b.       why not?
c.        Certainly
d.       Sure
e.        No problem
f.         I don’t mind
g.        No. Go a head
h.       By all means
i.         Not at all
REFUSING PERMISSION ;
a.        No, you may not
b.       You can’t
c.        Yes, I do mind
d.       I don’t think so
e.        I absolutely forbid you
f.         Sorry but …..
g.        I’d rather you didn’t ….
h.       I’m sorry but ….
i.         I’m very sorry, but …
j.         Well actually I’d rather …
k.       You didn’t …
       Liza, eight years old, is asking her mother for permission to use the computer.
Liza : please mom, can I use the computer ?
Mother : No, dear you can’t. it’s time to go to bed.
Liza : May I read a story before I sleep ?
Mother : Sure ! but try to sleep early.
Liza : Thanks a lot mom.
3.
EXPRESSION OF SATISFACTION AND DISSATISFACTION
ASKING ABOUT SATISFACTION
a.        how do you like your room?
b.       is everything O.K ?
c.        is everything satisfactory ?
d.       are you satisfied?

ASKING ABOUT DISSATISFACTION
a.        you want to complain about something?
b.       Was something not to your satisfaction ?
c.        Are you dissatisfied with something?
d.       Did you find our service satisfactory ?

EXPRESSING SATISFACTION;
a.        I really like my new hair cut
b.       completely satisfied with everything you’ve done for me.
c.        It was satisfactory.
d.       It was okay. Not too bad.

EXPRESSION DISSATISFACTION ;
a.        It is disappointing that.!
b.       It is unacceptable
c.        This is the limit I won't take any more of...
d.       Well, this is most unsatisfactory.
e.        The concert is so boring
f.         What an awful meeting
g.        It's not as good as I thought.
Expressing Satisfaction Dialogue
       One day, in restaurant, fifi and santi converse about food which ahead time.
Fifi : How do you feel about this food?
Santi : Wow….. I am very satisfied. It’s very delicious. Great!
Fifi : Yes, I think so. Would you have anymore?
Santi : Yes, of course.
Fifi : I will take some for my younger sister. She’ll be very happy.
Santi : Yeah and I will take for my mom at home.
Fifi : OK. Let’s go home. I never feel satisfied before.
Santi : So, me too.

Expressing Dissatisfaction Dialogue
Paul : Have you read today’s newspaper?
James : Not yet. Is it interesting?
Paul : Yes, the apology from the company. Take a look. The paper is over there.
James : (Picking up the newspaper and starting to read it) Is that all?
Paul : Yes.
James : This is not enough. I’m not satisfied yet. The size of the ads should have been half  of the page. Besides, the company only   apologized but they didn’t mention what  they would do.


4.
EXPRESSION OF ASKING AND GIVING OPINION
ASKING OF OPINION ;
a.        What do you think of …....?
b.       What are your views?
c.        What is your opinion?
d.       Is it right what I’ve done?
e.       What about ….....?
f.         How about ….....?
g.        What is your opinion?
h.       What do you think of...?
i.         How do you feel about…?
j.         How do you see …?
GIVING OPINION ;
a.        I’m convinced that ….
b.       I consider that ....
c.        According to the
d.       expert, I ….
e.       In my opinion, .…
f.         I think …
g.        I believe …
h.       I feel …
i.         It seems to me …
       One day, Alfi and Ainun converse about the minimum score.
Alfi : Hey Ainun ! Do you know the hot news in our school ?
Ainun : Yes, I know. About the minimum score, isn’t it ?
Alfi : Yes, exactly. What do you think ?
Ainun : I think it so high. I believe that is bad idea.
Alfi : I don’t think so. Precisely with the 70 score, we can go into the University easily. With PMDK program.
Ainun : Yes, I know it. But, for everyday it so hard.
Alfi : Maybe, it can be the pole for us to be better than yesterday. I hope we can do it. Although it so hard.
Ainun : Ok. Amin.

5.
EXPRESSION PLEASURE

EXPRESSION PEASURE ;
a.       That’s great!
b.       Terrific!
c.        Fantastic!
d.       I’m pleased.
e.        I enjoyed it.
f.        I love it.
g.        It was terrific.
h.       I’m delighted.
i.         It is very delighted.
j.         It is great pleasure.
k.       I am happy (for) …
l.         I am glad.
m.     I can’t say how pleased/delighted/glad/happy I am
n.       It’s wonderful.
o.       How marvelous.
p.       Isn’t this great?
       One day in class, wiwi and nisa talk about the tes model.
Wiwi : Where have you been, Andri?
Nisa : I have followed a test for model students for three days. So I was allowed not to study at school.
Wiwi : I'm happy that you represent your friends. What about the result?
Nisa : I was trusted to be a model student. Probably next week I'll follow the next selection in Bandung.
Wiwi : That's great. Good luck for the following test.
Nisa : Thank you. Wish me luck.
6.
EXPRESSION WARNING

EXPRESSION WARNING;
  1. Watch out !
  2. Look out !
  3. Be careful !
  4. Beware of… (the danger) !
  5. I have to warn you that.....
  6. It is advisable....
  7. You should not break the rules.
  8. I warn you not to.....
  9. Don’t....
  10. I highly recommed you not to
  11. Please, don’t.....
  12. Don’t do that
  13.  Take care
  14. You should not

RESPOND ;
a.        Thank’s
b.       Ok
c.        Thank’s for your opinion
d.       Thank’s for your attention
       One day, in class acceleration, Wiwink commemorate Ruli which is play game.
Wiwink : Ruli, please, don’t always play game !
Ruli : why ?
Wiwink : because game can destroy yours eye, and game also can make the foolish you.
Ruli : okey, thank’s for you attention.
Wiwink: you’re welcome.
7.
EXPRESSING RELIEF
EXPRESSING RELIEF ;
a.        Oh, that’s relief.
b.       Thank goodness for that.
c.        Thank heavens!
d.       Oh, good!
e.        Oh, marvelous!
f.         Oh, what a relief!
g.        That’s alright, then.
h.       Phew.
i.         Thank God for that.
j.         I’ m very relieved to hear that.
k.       I’m extremely glad to hear that.
l.         What a relief!
m.     Good for you.
n.       I’m glad it’s done.
o.       I’m glad everything is running well.
p.       I feel so relieved.
q.       This ointment relieves my pain.
r.        It’s very relaxing.
s.        Thanks for heaven
       One day, in office mrs. Ros and mr. ronal asking about their couple each.
Mrs Ros : How is your wife now?
Mr Ronal : She is fine thank you. How about
your husband? I heard that he was in
hospital.
Mrs Ros : He is very well now.
Mr Ronal : I'm glad to hear that.
8.
EXPRESSION PAIN
EXPRESSION PAIN ;
a.        Ouch!That was hurt
b.       It is painful
c.        It hurts me
d.       I’ve got a backache/ toothache/ stomachache
e.        I feel sore all over
f.         My eyes hurt
g.        My body aches./My muscles ache.
h.       Oh,it’s killing me!
i.         I can’t tell my pain in words
j.         I am suffering
k.       I feel sick
Uli : Bani, you look pale today. What's wrong with you?
A.bani : I am suffering from a relapse.
Uli : What do you suffer from?
A.bani : I have had diarrhoea since last night. I couldn't
sleep well.
Uli : I'm sorry to hear that.

Post a Comment

0 Comments